First up is the Rib and Craft Beer Fest that I went to in Kitchener, ON at Victoria Park. I only made it for the end of the first day as I had to work the rest of the weekend, but what I did manage to drink and eat was amazing! The BBQ sauce on the pulled pork was perfect. Not too sweet and not too vinegary.
It also came with BBQ chicken, ribs, baked beans (southwest style) and coleslaw. It was delicious! The coleslaw was refreshing after so much BBQ sauce and the beans were made in a style I have never had. I thought the southwest twist was really good and loved the addition of corn to the beans.
We also had lot's of local beers. Some were pretty average, others were real show stoppers. My favourite was the Maple Porter from Nickel Brook.
Martin and some friends went back the next day for lunch and said that the went to another rib booth and that the ribs were even better! Guess I need to book the entire weekend off next year to try them all! :)
Moving on to lunch! This was my lunch today:
And now for the more to come!
I have been accepted to the Daring Bakers and the Daring Cooks! I have completed my first Daring Bakers Challenge and will be posting the result on July 27th, so check back then to see what the challenge was! :)

2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Well besides work :)
Looks first-class yummy!
Post a Comment